Friday, 21 June 2013

My top 5 foundations for oily/combination skin.

I have been suffering with oily skin for few years now and over that time I have tried a bunch of different foundations looking for the perfect one, even though I haven't found the perfect one yet I have discovered some great ones which will work really well for people with oily or combination skin. If you suffer with skin that is oily and acne prone one thing you want to avoid in foundations are oils so always choose oil free foundations that are either water, silicone or wax based.






Mac Studio Fix Fluid is definitely my favourite foundation of all times. It provides medium buidable long lasting coverage and contains micronized pigments and soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections. Also it has oil absorbing properties making sure our skin stays matt all day long. It's very easy to apply because it doesn't set too quickly on the skin and gives just enough time to work with it. Another thing which I love about this foundation is the fact it comes in a wide range of shades just like all other Mac foundation so everyone can find a shade to match their skin tone. It contains SPF15 but I didn't find it to flash back in flash photography.

Revlon Color Stay is a very good alternative to Mac Studio Fix Fluid for people who want more affordable drug store foundation. It also offers a medium to full coverage that will last all day and night. Unfortunately it's bit more trickier to apply than Mac Studio Fix Fluid because it sets very quickly on the skin and is difficult to work with, I found that the best way to apply it is either with a damp makeup sponge or with fingers. When buying Revlon Color Stay make sure to check which version you picking up because it comes in Combination/Oily and Normal/Dry formulas.



Rimmel Match Perfection is a perfect choice for everyone who is looking for light to medium undetectable coverage which can be achieved thanks to its very light texture and adapting properties. It's a perfect foundation for those who don't have a lot to cover but want to even out their skin tone and cover minor blemishes and marks. It has a really good staying power of about 8-10 hours when set with a powder.



If you have oily skin but don't want the mat finish and prefer more natural and healthy finish then Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation will be perfect for you. It's oil free foundation that has light reflecting properties and gives a light to medium coverage. Even that it's not marketed for oily skin I still love it because it gives me a very natural radiant look without looking shinny and greasy after few hours. I wear this foundation whenever I want a very natural look and I rarely powder it because I love the finish it gives. Also it contains skin care properties and SPF 15 which is always a plus.



Mac Full Coverage foundation would be a perfect match for someone who is looking for a very full coverage that will last all day and night long without budging or wearing off however I wouldn't recommend it for every day use because it is a very heavy foundation. It's perfect for special events and night outs and it photographs beautifully. The staying power of this foundation is absolutely insane, once I have worn this foundation for about 16 hours and only had to touch it up once with some loose powder when I started to get bit shiny in my t-zone and also on few occasions I have slept with it on which is a very naughty thing but when I looked in the mirror next day it still looked flawless. Since its a very heavy emollient foundation its really important to take it off properly at the end of the day especially if you have acne prone skin. I recommend doing a double cleanse, first use some kind of cream/oil cleanser which will dissolve the foundation and take it off with a warm flannel or muslin cloth and then follow with either a face wash or micellar cleanser to remove every last bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment